Welcome to the second AICD-2011 Contest!
After the success of the first analog IC design contest (AICD-2010) sponsored by Analog Devices Inc. and Synopsys Inc., Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh (VNU-HCM) decides to organize the second AICD-2011 contest for all students from all universities over Vietnam.
As we know that analog integrated circuit (IC) design offers adequate solutions for many basic issues of electronic devices, such as power dissipation, temperature effect, speed of operation, etc. Furthermore, analog ICs provide an important solution of power management for present electronic equipments. In Vietnam, Analog IC market is growing quickly and analog IC industry requires more and more competent engineers. However, the analog IC design activities in education and research at Vietnamese universities are scarce so far.
The purpose of AICD-2011 is to promote the interest in the academia as a whole, in science and engineering students, in particular, Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh (VNU-HCM). Furthermore, the AICD contest will serve not only an impact to the analog IC design activities among students, but also train engineers in analog design to meet the urgent industrial requirement.
The theme of AICD-2011 contest is “Design and Layout the Switching regulator”. Each project team will first receive a baseline switching regulator design without two blocks OSC and Ramp Generator. Then, project teams will design and layout these two missing block to complete the switching regulator to meet all the predefined specifications.
his contest is a good opportunity for all students to learn the advanced methodology and dedicated tools in “analog IC design”. Participants will be trained freely to use powerful tools in analog IC design of Synopsys, the leading company in the world. Furthermore, students will participate in the seminars about “power management”, “analog IC design issues”, “trend of analog IC design on over the world”, etc presented by world-leading companies such as Synopsys Asia Pacific (Singapore) & Analog Devices (US). Participants can discuss directly with experts in analog IC design field during the training period and seminars. Through this AICD-2011 contest, participants have a chance to improve the communication and presentation skills in English as well.
The AICD-2011 contest takes place in three big cities: Hanoi, Danang and Ho Chi Minh. Training courses and award ceremony will be held in Ho Chi Minh City. Two key members of each project team in Hanoi and Danang will be subsidized for the total transport cost to and back from Ho Chi Minh city (two-way air ticket), taxi fare within the city and accommodation during these two events (training & award ceremony).
- To encourage analog IC design activities among undergraduate students at universities and colleges.
- To promote the analog IC design enthusiasm in Vietnam.
- To discover the creative and innovative solution for “power management chip – Switching Regulator”.
- To familiarize with advanced analog IC design tools of Synopsys.
- To present talented science and engineering Vietnamese students an opportunity to have an access to one of the tope makers, Analog Devices .
- Participating in the 5-day free training course (04/04/2011 -> 08/04/2011) about analog IC design tools of Synopsys at Ho Chi Minh city. Being subsidized the total transport cost to and back from Ho Chi Minh city (two-way ticket) and accommodation.
- Discussing directly with experts in analog IC design field from United States (Analog Devices), Singapore (Synopsys) and Vietnam (ICDREC).
- Job opportunities in field of the analog IC design in Vietnam.
- Improving teamwork skills & English presentation skill.
- Cup, certificate and souvenirs from sponsors for all participating teams.
- Subsidy for all cost of transport, accommodation for 2 key members of selected teams to Ho Chi Minh city for training course and award ceremony (21/07/2011).
AICD-2011 topic: “Solution for power management”
Design and layout the missing blocks (OSC and Ramp Generator) in Switching Regulator Baseline (Boost Converter) at the 250nm technology using Synopsys software.
Who can join AICD-2011?
All students interested in analog IC design.
In form of project team of 2 to 4 students. Each team is formed freely by its team members and can make its entry at will. Each team must have an advisor who are the university lecturer in electrical engineering.
No limit to the number of teams from one university and all teams must send the solution for the entrance test before 14/03/2011 to email address: email@example.com.